Friday 9 November 2007

What goes on in Melbourne, stays in Melbourne

A couple of days ago, I again received calls from the British empire. It seems that two "people" "forgot" my birthday and were reminded. Quite coincidentally on the same day, and within an hour of each other, the calls came. Is Melbourne behind by 4 days, I wondered?

For those of you in the know, yes, she called me. Yes, I answered. Yes, I was amicable and friendly and a decent human being. No, I still don't trust her. No, I'm not sure there ever will be again. Why? Most of you have been (and still are) in the same position. Don't judge me.

During the sudden flurry of calls (I don't get many calls. 2 is a flurry), The Massager decided to tell me what our friend Kelly got her for her birthday. If you remember what she got Kelly for her birthday last year, it's basically something like that. Which prompted me to come up with a new slogan:

"What goes on in Melbourne, stays in Melbourne."

I don't really think I need to put this to vote with the home team. I think it's quite unanimous.


By the way,

em·pire –noun
1. a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman
Empire.
2. a government under an emperor or empress.

Source: www.dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.