Friday 1 May 2009

Customer Service Review: Flickr

Business: Photo website

Location: n/a
Website: http://www.flickr.com

The Situation:

I signed up with Flickr forever ago, back when I had 6 email addresses and was still in a different country. And then it lay dormant for a couple of years while I whittled my email addresses down to just 3 or so.

Come 2009, and for some inexplicable reason, I find the need to reclaim my Flickr account, but *gasp* it's linked to one of my dormant email addresses that no longer exists! Shock! Horror! You'd think that, that's it, my Flickr account is gone and unreclaimable, but you'd be wrong.

I emailed Flickr's Helpdesk, and in less than 2 days, someone had emailed me with a solution. It didn't work, but they tried. When it didn't work, it was escalated to someone with more power, and BAM! in less than 5 days, I have my Flickr account up and running again. How awesome is that?

The Verdict:

If only Malaysians were this efficient. You'd never think that a website with so many users could be so efficient, but they are. The CFA people could learn a thing or two from them.

5 Stars, Flickr! Also, tried to reply to the email to say muchos gracias, but it was a donotreply, so THANKS FLICKR. Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.