Friday 16 May 2008

Malaysian Recycling Directory

A few months ago, I published an entry entitled Where to recycle almost everything in Malaysia, with the hopes of providing Malaysians with a list of where they can recycle their goods (because I thought that as I do, most Malaysians Google when in doubt).

From this entry, a nice lady from Malaysia Nature Society contacted me asking if I wanted a copy of the actual Malaysian Recycling Directory, as published by the Ministry of Housing and Local Government by the Yellow Pages. I said yes, I would, and so I went and picked it up. It turns out that that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I asked her why this directory wasn't distributed to all Malaysians, along with the phone book. She said, in the true spirit of recycling, that most people would just throw it away or not use it. She said that she was happy to see someone taking such steps as I did (I felt quite validated, yes), and felt that if she gave me a copy, it would be put to good use.

Not to disappoint her (though it did take quite a long time), I've started a blog dedicated to the complete listings of where to recycle stuff in Malaysia, with a comprehensive labelling system, which should ease the process of searching.

The Blog: http://myrecyclingdirectory.blogspot.com

The Method: All listings found in the Direktori Kitar Semula 2006/2007 will be published by name, with labels. For ease of use, I suggest you go to Google and type in something like -

site:myrecyclingdirectory.blogspot.com [what you're looking for]

And there you have it. A complete recycling directory just for Malaysians online. Now you have no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.