Saturday 17 May 2008

Dear Christy Dixon and AT&T

Yesterday, I got an email from AT&T. I automatically thought it was spam because, well, AT&T has no presence in Malaysia. Then I got another one, so I took a closer look. It turns out that a Christy Dixon from Texas is using my email address for her own personal needs.

Being me, I immediately went to the AT&T website and sent them an email stating the following:

I received an email from AT&T regarding an order for wireless needs, and a replacement being sent to a CHRISTY DIXON. I am not Christy Dixon. She was using my email address under false pretenses. Perhaps your company being the "largest digital network in America" should have a simple verification service, which by no means costs very much to set up.

It would help if you could also contact MS CHRISTY DIXON and tell her to stop using my email address. I would do that (you emailed me her phone number), but I'm based in Malaysia and it would cost me a bomb.

Congratulations on managing to annoy someone in a country where your company doesn't even offer services. You are hereby internationally annoying.
And since I have no obligation to respect her privacy, since she clearly did not respect mine, here are her details:

Name: Christy Dixon
Cellular telephone number: 8657654422
Returns authorization number: RMA37825575
Fedex tracking number: 952807912978
Reference: 10658625*47014682X CNG A
Destination: Knoxville, TN
Dear Christy Dixon,

Please stop using my email address. I have no obligation to your privacy, and any future information about you that appears in my Inbox will be published on the world wide web. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.