Wednesday 27 February 2008

The trials and tribulations of enrolling into the CFA Program

I invite you to join me in my quest to enrol into the CFA Program. Laugh with me at the highs. Cry with me at the lows. Stress with me when I study. Here we go. Hold on tight.

My Query #1 (18th Feb):

I tried repeatedly on Friday (15th Feb) to enrol for the June 2008 exam. However, the website did not accept both the credit cards that I tried.

I called the relevant bank to check on my credit card's status, and they said that they had gotten no attempts to charge anything on the card, meaning that the rejection was from your website.

Further attempts were again unsuccessful. Can I find out what the problem is? According to the bank, my credit card has sufficient funds and should not have any problems charging the fees to it. Also, is there any way you can enrol me into the June 2008 exam?

Their Answer #1 (20th Feb):

6158398 Miss [X] Thank you for contacting us. We accept credit cards (American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard or Visa), personal or corporate checks, and money orders as payment. We also accept wire transfer payments. The instructions are as follows: Wire Transfers within the US SunTrust Bank 919 E. Main St. Richmond, VA 23219 ABA # 061000104 Account Name: CFA Institute Account # 201580721 Wire Transfers from outside the US SunTrust Bank 25 Park Place Atlanta, GA 30303 Swift Code: SNTRUS3A Account Name: CFA Institute Account # 201580721 Please be sure to let us know of the purpose for the wire. Your name and CFA Institute ID number and/or invoice number (if applicable) must appear on the wire or we will return the funds to your bank. We can not accept debit cards. Harry King Client Services Visit our website at www.cfainstitute.org. Learn more about the CFA Program at www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog. Learn more about the CIPM Program at www.cfainstitute.org/cipm. The following service request has been assigned to you: Service Request Number: 1-80869761 Date Opened : 2/17/2008 08:26:40 PM Severity : Priority : 3-Medium Product : Abstract : Failed enrollment Description : I tried repeatedly on Friday (15th Feb) to enrol for the June 2008 exam. However, the website did not accept both the credit cards that I tried. I called the relevant bank to check on ...

That's it. Complete with ... and everything. Exactly like that.

My Query #2 (27th Feb):

Hi,

Just to make it clear, I'm not happy with the customer service reply that I received for SR# 1-80869761.

While the answer was sufficient (I would rate it a 4 out of 10), it didn't give me any details for a payment by personal check. I've scoured the FAQs and the website and haven't found anything other than "we accept personal checks", which is all well and good, but, and to make sure you don't confuse the question,

1. WHO DO I MAKE THE CHECK OUT TO?
2. WHERE DO I MAIL THE CHECK TO?
3. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE THE PAYMENT IS REFLECTED ONLINE?
4. HOW LONG BEFORE I GET A RECEIPT?

I would really appreciate if I get a relevant answer soon, as the exam is fast approaching. Thanks.

Let's see what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.