Friday 4 January 2008

The Proust questionnaire

I hate these things, and I hate being tagged to do them, and when I am, I usually ignore them. On the other hand, my boss is on leave today, and I'm kind of bored. So I will begin by quoting Neil Gaiman in 2007 quoting himself in 2005 quoting himself in 2001, just because it seems like a pretty good wish to wish to people that I care about:

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself. And I really still do.

So there you go. And now we begin:

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being with people I love who love each other, away from things I hate, and close to the things I love, with just enough to make me believe that I matter.

2. What is your greatest extravagance?
My car.

3. What is your current state of mind?
Groggy, bored, thinking of escape.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My ability to live solely on logic.

5. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Their inability to accept other opinions, views, and people.

6. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Monetary well being.

7. What is your favourite occupation?
Dive master.

8. What is your most marked characteristic?
Being short and slightly off beat.

9. What do you most value in your friends?
"their honesty and support and patience" - whoren
Please refer to whoren's answer.

10. When and where you the happiest?
"recently - underwater with the sharks" - whoren
Please refer to whoren's answer.

11. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My teeth

12. Which living person do you most despise?
Those people who set that church on fire in Kenya.

13. On what occassion do you lie?
When I feel that the occasion warrants it.

14. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My family, and my 5 bitches. They may cause me grief, but nothing in the world worth achieving is easy.

15. Which talent would you most like to have?
Racing.

16. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
A few inches.

17. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
Their inability to accept other opinions, views, and people.

18. What is your most treasure possession?
Mika.

19. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Knowing that there's something better out there that will make you happy everyday and that you have the ability to achieve, but sacrificing it because you're too goddamned logical and responsible.

20. Who are your favourite writers?
Always Neil Gaiman.

21. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Peter Pan.

22. Who are your heroes in real life?
The man of the house.

23. What are your favourite names?
Mika.

24. What is it that you most dislike?
"unjust cruelty to any being" - whoren
Please refer to whoren's answer.

25. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
That I've successfully trained myself not to have the characteristics that I hate in others.

26. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
A car.

27. If you could choose what to come back as, what it be?
A turtle.

28. Where would you like to live?
Pai, Sipadan.

29. How would you like to die?
Painlessly and happy.

30. What is your greatest regret?
I'm either in denial, or I really truly regret nothing.

31. What is your motto?
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

Tagged by whoren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.