Thursday 1 November 2007

Malaysia Boleh!

Today, I was very proud of Malaysians. We're breaking new ground everywhere.

First, I'd heard about this guy from Taiping who was cycling from Los Angeles back home to Taiping. Why? Because it was something he wanted to do before he started work and while he still had the chance to. Whoren and I so related to this.

Then I heard about Whoren's 13 year old cousin who pushed himself to the limit by consuming 32 scoops of ice cream from Haagen Dazs' all-you-can-eat buffet. I applaud him for taking Malaysians to new levels of excellence and efficiency.

But seriously, the cycling guy (his name is Law Tzuo Hann) is quite phenomenal la. I think he's somewhere in Turkey at the moment. Once he started getting more publicity, he hooked up with three charitable causes, including those in Myanmar, and is now cycling for charity. As at 1 November 2007, he's single-handedly raised close to RM52,000.

He's also holding a Charity Ride event in conjunction with the charities to raise awareness. The Charity Ride will accompany TH from Kedah back home to Taiping, and is aimed to begin 3 February 2008, ending on 5 February 2008. It's phenomenal.

For more information

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA yes I definitely applaud Whoren's cousin and his Haagen Dazs eating feat. Man I really laughed to myself when I read that. lol

    ReplyDelete

State your purpose.