Monday 29 October 2007

I feel a little bit like Doogie Howser, M.D.

It was a superb, adventurous, taxing, fun-filled, enlightening weekend all in one. It was awesome. We did things that I suspected we could but never knew for sure. Now we know.


We
found our way cross-country using ridiculously useless maps.
got lost in Johor Bahru's Wong Ah Fook for about 45 minutes.
pigged out on junk food.
found Nemo about 30x in total.
tanned and toasted ourselves silly.
bitched about people from that country/kind who were inconsiderate.
met people with ridiculously awesome backgrounds.
survived each other/the trip/the traffic/the bad planning of the organizers.
snored.
freaked ourselves out driving at 5am through trunk roads with no street lights.
froze our butts off on the ferry.



I
drove for hours and hours through highways and trunk roads.
spent more time driving than I did diving.
discovered the limits of Mika, my trusty red steed.
pushed Mika to whole new limits.
proved that I really can drive long-distance/cross-country.
survived true backpackers' accomodation.
surprised myself with my resilience in true backpackers' accomodation.
came one step closer to skydiving.
met someone who works at Michelin.
pigged out on junk food like crazy.
got to see my uncle's house.



She
let her kiasu-ness come out.
brought out the crazy in the two of us.
pushed her bladder to new limits.
good-naturedly put up with my need for clean toilets.
snored.
found our way through state lines.
acquired new powers for moving people out of our way.
discovered a new love for Gardenia.



All in all, a very awesome, zen, rejuvenating trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.