Wednesday 21 November 2007

Feeling like I belong

This week being my last week, The Namesakes took me out for lunch. They're such sweethearts, even though we don't talk very much at work. The reason we don't talk very much at work being The Bossman. The main topic of conversation at lunch was, of course, The Bossman.

You see, part of me thought that all this time, these three months, I might have been a little bit harsh in the way I speak about my boss. The fact that his style doesn't match mine is no way to judge. And then there was lunch, and everything was confirmed. And then some.

The Namesakes unloaded to me about everything. He's actually nice to me, as opposed to them. He never apologizes, even if he's wrong, and even to his wife and kids. He told another boss that after a fight with the department secretary. He doesn't abide by his staff members bypassing him. He doesn't ever create a friendly relationship between him and his subordinates, which, if you ask me, isn't a way to run a department. The list goes on.

So, no. It isn't just me, and I'm not exaggerating. And if you come to this unit, you're trapped. You can't transfer out, because he won't release you. Your only option is to quit.

Yes, I feel like I belong and that The Namesakes have something in common, as opposed to that first lunch when I'd just joined (where they took me out for lunch because The Bossman didn't), when we had almost nothing to talk about.

Other things that made me feel like I belonged today:




1 comment:

  1. take comfort that most of us will be in hell with you then

    ReplyDelete

State your purpose.