Monday 8 October 2007

Poison

So I buka-ed with two members of my family of the female persuasion last night. Big mistake. Like every other family, my family has its problems, and at some point throughout the time that we've all been born, somebody has slighted somebody else and etc.

These girls... I should've seen it coming. The second we sit down, it's "that guy said this when he doesn't do that" and "she shouldn't do things like that.. so disrespectful" and "why does he pray if he drinks?". It's like poison.

They hold on to every slight that's ever happened, intentionally or not. They pick on the ones that they don't really like or who aren't totally and exactly like them, or hang out with them. It's like poison.

After a while, I catch myself starting to think that way, and there it is, seeping into my brain, this deep poison that I spent so long expunging from my mind.

I cannot let myself think this way, about my family or my friends. There's too much love. And also, I have to live with my family for the rest of my life. With my friends, I just don't want to throw away all the years we've had together over stupid little things. Must learn to let go before they pull me back in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.