Saturday 23 October 2010

Just for fun, a lifetime of firsts

The first time I
  • Walked into a new school, I hated it and spent every day pretending I was sick so I could go home.
  • Got a job, I was a barely 16, a bit nervous, and wondered if that was the start of the rest of my life.
  • Drank, I got absolutely wasted and had to be carried out of the bathroom by my sister and cousin. Fun times.
  • Found out my parents were human, a part of me died a little bit.
  • Drove a car with a valid driving license, I drove it like I drove a go-kart because that was the only thing I knew how to drive.
  • Walked into a university tutorial, I was intimidated. I made up for it by talking too much and making a fool of myself.
  • Had to live without my parents, I still knew they were taking care of me and that made me feel completely at home, regardless of where I was.
  • Fell in love, I knew it wasn't forever, but I loved every minute of it.
  • Felt the fear of possibly losing somebody close to me, it was almost too much to handle.
  • Was expecting a nephew, I spent the night on eggshells waiting for the call. When it came, it was incredible.
  • Graduated from university, I said goodbye to the only life I'd known and ventured into the new world not knowing what to expect.
  • Entered the corporate world, I vowed to be true to my pedigree, climb the corporate ladder quickly and make a name for myself.
  • Made friends with my colleagues, they became an integral part of my life.
  • Met him, I knew for absolute certain that I could spend the rest of my life with him. And it could have been a love story for the ages.
  • Switched jobs, I tried to be better at what I did. I'm still trying.
  • Really, truly opened myself up to those that cared about me, they shut me out and closed the door. And I made myself comfortable with what I had.
  • Had chicken after going vegetarian, it tasted like disgusting fat.
  • Felt really and truly alone, my family stepped up to the plate. They're still here.
  • Started this blog, I didn't know what it was going to be or what was going to be on it. Now I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.