Saturday 23 October 2010

The Day That Started Out Well

You know what's incredible? I've discovered that most of the things that I thought were a weird thing that I do is actually something that many people do.


Par example, one day I told someone that I had this thing where if my mum reminded me to do something (this was a while back), I would put it off a bit longer even though I was just going to do it, just to prove that her reminding me wasn't what made me do it. Apparently that happens to other people too.

Then there's the other thing that hasn't changed since I was a kid: a small sign from God in the morning on the way to school/work that the day was going to be a good one. It could be anything, from a favourite song coming up on the radio to the light that's usually red being green to buying your favourite nasi lemak for breakfast. Just a small sign from God, and you start having high hopes for the rest of the day, thinking, "Yes, today is going to be a good one".

For me, though, more often than not the high hopes usually come crashing down. Probably because the expectation was too high, and the day that started out on a high note becomes, well, a day that ends with drinks. Guess I really need to stop expecting so much. But that's a part of life, right? The ups and downs. There's always another day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.