Monday 16 February 2009

Customer Service Review: Sonic Kleen Services

Business: Cleaning services

Location: Klang Valley
Website: http://www.sonickleen.com.my

The situation:

Following is a letter that I wrote to Sonic Kleen Services. I don't think anything further needs to be said.

Dear Sir,

Re: Notice of Termination of Cleaning Services

In response to your letter dated 5 February 2009 (Your Ref: 300109/NL/AD) regarding late payments and suspension of service, I would like to refer you to previous payments made for the following:

[Table detailing my cheque payments]

Please note the following:

  1. In view of the cheque date and the cheque clearing date for payment for the month of December 2008, it is obvious that the payment was not late. As such, I will not be paying the overdue payment charges for the month of December 2008.
  2. In view of the cheque date and cheque clearing date for payment for the month of January 2009, it is contestable that the payment was made late. However, in the interest of terminating contact with Sonic Kleen Services as soon as possible in a co-operative manner, I will accept and pay the overdue payment charges for the month of January 2009.
  3. In view of the fact that payment for services has been up to date so far, your letter (ref. 300109/NL/AD) stating suspension of service due to late payments was sent in error and your suspension of services was not warranted.
  4. Payments made by myself since commencement of services with Sonic Kleen Services by mode of leaving the cheque was made based on advice of Sonic Kleen Services employee Shawn who advised that the method was sufficient and acceptable.
  5. Payments made via online transfer or cash deposit is not suitable for me because based on previous experience where I did so once, the fax number provided did not work. Following a day of attempting to fax the receipt, I then tried to email to a provided email address. Sonic Kleen Services employees still were not able to verify that I had paid despite me providing them with the receipt twice. In view of this experience, I am not willing to pay as advised because it is not an efficient way, and the employees of Sonic Kleen Services clearly cannot deal with emails/faxes.

Based on the above evidence that the customer service of Sonic Kleen Services is not of sufficient standard, and also due to the fact that the Sonic Kleen Services employee En Shawn with whom I have been dealing has not seen my needs sufficient to answer my phone calls, I conclude that there is enough reason for me to terminate services with Sonic Kleen Services effective immediately.

Please find attached the relevant bank statements, photocopies from my checkbook, a copy of the invoice and letter dated 5 February 2009, and a receipt providing payment for the following:

[Table detailing my payments]

Please accept this letter as notification of immediate termination of services and the payment of all outstanding payments to Sonic Kleen Services. I will expect the return of the following within 2 weeks from the date of this letter:

1. The keys to [my apartment] that have been provided to you and your staff for the sole purpose of cleaning; and

2. The 1 month cleaning services deposit of [amount] that was paid upon commencement of services to be banked into my account [account number]. I will also accept a crossed cheque made out to “[my name]”.

Just as you have highlighted in your letter, timely payment is important. For further clarification, please feel free to contact me at [my number]. However, please note that as En Shawn has declined to speak to me over the phone, I will appreciate if any further contact with me is made by a different employee of Sonic Kleen Services.

Thank you.

I am so pissed at them it's not funny. Not only was there no actual way to contact them unless you had the guy's handphone number, he actually refused to pick up my calls and answer my SMSes. It's ridiculous. And it's such a waste, because his cleaners are really good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.