Sunday 18 January 2009

CFA Update

So it's been exactly 4 months and 1 day since my last blog entry about my CFA escapades, and because I'm sure so much of my audience is riveted by my attempt to pass the notoriously difficult CFA, I felt the need to update you. Especially since it's currently my study session and this is something that will distract me from the monotony.

After conversations with a colleague who's passed his Level 1 on his first attempt and just sat for his Level 2, his advice was to start studying after NYE because any earlier and you'll forget it anyway by exam time. And of course, I thought this was brilliant reasoning. Come January and obviously I've been too lazy (and caught up with certain unmentionable situations) to start.

So now, I'm stuck with 6 extra thick supersized textbooks and 2 exam workbooks to get through by June 7. Suffice to say that my previously posted highly positive exam timetable won't work out. At this stage, what I'll need is:

  1. A miracle;
  2. To not be distracted by the internet, the phone, certain unmentionable situations, work, the 2 highly adorable kittens which I will obtain ETA 5.5 days; and
  3. To get through 1 and a half 530-page textbooks (which translates to on average 20 pages a day with 40 on the weekends).

Actually, when I break it down like that it doesn't sound too bad. I could do 20 per day. I think. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.