Monday 10 December 2007

Plan B

So I had a good old reflection of my life yesterday, as I rushed in my BMW to Palacio to pick up the platinum credit card that I'd left at a different location the night before (shut up). You see, I passed by this old man sitting by the side of the highway, and that got me thinking about how much I don't want to end up like that: a person with no means in a culture where means mean everything.

I was depressed all along Jalan Parlimen, thinking about what it would be like living without a car, or the possibility of spending more than what I earn every month. And then BAM! it hit me. I have a plan B. Plan B comes in the form of Pai, Thailand. I know, I've been going on and on about it, but that's really it.

Plan B:
If my life starts going the way that people commonly call "downhill", I'll pack up and move to Pai, where you don't need much to live on and there's no pressure or influence to make you buy a thousand dollar handbag. And if I get tired of it? I'll go somewhere else like that.

I don't want to be unhappy. Meaning, I don't want to live where people will think less of me because I don't have the means. Who knows? My Plan B might actually turn out to be my Plan A one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.