Monday 1 December 2008

Customer Service Review: Wok Hei Cafe

Business: Food & beverage services
Location: Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas
Website: N/A

The Situation:

As per the usual modus operandi, I went off for lunch with a couple of people from work to our usual haunt: Plaza Damas. I thought we'd go to Wok Hei Cafe, the one outside (not inside) so that I could have my favorite yee mee.

Round 1: I ordered the sizzling chicken and mushroom yee mee. (Sorry, ma'am, we don't have mushrooms today).

Round 2: I ordered the sizzling roast chicken yee mee. (Sorry, ma'am, we don't have roast chicken today).

Round 3: I ordered the usual sizzling prawns with yee mee. (Ok!) . Success.

So off I go to wonder around in a nearby shop and then come back and sit down and chit chat. Suddenly I realised that everybody had their food and were halfway through while the space in front of me was woefully empty.

Excuse me, can you check on my order please? (Sure ma'am).

15 minutes later: Excuse me, can you check on my order please? (Sure ma'am).

10 minutes later: Lemon chicken with yee mee? Er, no, I ordered the prawn.

5 minutes later: Sorry ma'am, we mixed up your order with the other table. That's not my problem. Bring my food in 5 minutes or I'm not paying for my drink.

10 minutes later: We decide to pay the bill. Sorry about that ma'am, we got the order mixed up with the other table.

Apparently they decided that since they were too late in bringing the food, that there wouldn't be much point bringing the food now. Apparently they decided that they were going to get it anyway so why bother?

The Verdict:

I've never seen such incompetence in customer service. What the hell was that? You mixed up my order so just don't bring it? I had to go pack a mee rebus (which, incidently, took all of 3 minutes) for lunch instead. It's ridiculous.

That being said, this is just 1 out of like 5 times I've been to Wok Hei and other times the service has been credible and not out of the ordinary. This, however, takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.