Thursday 22 May 2008

Introducing Capital FM

At first I was annoyed that this purported radio station suddenly appeared on the very frequency that I used for my FM transmitter. How could they encroach on my valuable airwave space? How many more radio stations does Malaysia need? Anyone with an FM transmitter trying to find some free airwave space knows that Malaysia has an amazingly high number of radio stations that god knows who listens to.

And then one day, I stumbled upon their Acid Jazz / R&B / Blues segment (7 p.m. to 10 p.m.) and was intrigued. It was on every weekday, this nice chilled out segment that's sometimes just what you need. Just some lovely relaxing sounds. Further tuneage discovered one day, that they also play Ash (my favourite band of all time, for the uninitiated). And not just the popular songs like Burn, but the lesser knowns like Gone the Dream. This is it, I thought. I've found the perfect radio station.

Seriously. No longer is it an alternative radio station to me. It's the radio station. And since I always share my findings, I encourage like-minded persons to tune into 88.9 Capital FM.

1 comment:

  1. bro,

    you are spot on. it is indeed a radio station.

    I hook up to them the first day they were on air. plays the best songs ever. the rest of radio station are simply rubbish.

    Faizal

    ReplyDelete

State your purpose.