Wednesday 30 January 2008

Monochrome Party Update

This is a follow-up post on my monochrome-themed birthday party in November, where I asked attendees to donate money instead of buying me presents. I know the follow-up is a bit late, but whatever.

All in all, over RM800 was collected [applause], with RM600 going to World Vision for the sponsorship of a child for a year.

So I got the letter from the child a few weeks ago. Her name is Fatima (like my grandmother. This bodes well) and she's from Lebanon. Sponsors are discouraged from sending gifts to Lebanon, because they have to pay a certain amount to collect them.

The remaining amount, which I haven't gotten around to doing anything with yet, will be donated to Peace Malaysia. Or Force of Nature Aid Foundation. I haven't decided yet, but will decide by the end of February.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your purpose.